Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Red and The White

Okay Okay...so it's not Spring.  I know I know...but I told you earlier, it's been a busy Spring and Summer, and I am just now catching up...so bear with me :0) 

If I haven' t mentioned this in earlier posts, I must tell you that my husband is a HUGE Nebraska fan...HUGE- and so is the rest of his family.  Me - not so much - but I'm getting there.  When we started dating, he asked me what teams I liked.  I  think I answered him by saying, "well, I guess if I had to pick it would be UGA."  His comment to me..."well...ATLEAST you got the colors right."  Pretty clever comeback on his part.  Haha!

Needless to say, I have YET to go to a Georgia game as an adult (and really, I'm okay with that...no really, I am).  But, I have made it to several Nebraska games.  I always have fun,  and they ALWAYS make fun of the way this Southern Girl dresses!  It's COLD in Nebraska...COLD...
C -O - L- D!!!
I'm just sayin...

So..Springtime brings The Red and The White Game

 
 
Do you SEE all those people in the stadium?!  It's probably THE ONLY sold out College Football Spring Game!

Try explaining that one to a kid: (here is a glimpse of our conversation)

Connor: "Who are we playing?"

 me: "Nebraska"

Connor: "Who has the ball now?"

me: "Nebraska"...

Connor: "Who's playing defense?"

me: "ooo...wait I got this one...Nebraska"

Connor: "Who won!?"

me:  "I'll give you ONE guess!?"

"NEBRASKA!"

A wonderful time was had by all.  We had fun at the game, got to spend lots of time with family, and we made some precious memories. 
 
Connor and Ethan

 
Connor and Emma


Stinker!

Here's what they do during halftime:
 SEA of RED!! Somewhere amidst this CHAOS are my two men!  It's kind of like "Where's Waldo!?"
Ooo Wait!  I think I found them!!


Already looking forward to next year's Spring Game!




ALL the cousins!! Silly kiddos!

See you next time!
~Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! The picture of you and Connor is GREAT! I sure did enjoy reading these posts...hint! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Grounded in Love & Grace | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates