Friday, July 29, 2011

Beautiful St. George

Every other year we take a vacation with my side of the family.  It's usually a full week and in past years we've gone to Gulf Shores, AL and Myrtle Beach (a place we grew up going to).  This year we tried something different...and I'm so thankful we did.


St. George Island, Florida



The Lighthouse

This truly has to be one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever had.  If you been to St. George before, you know there isn't much there ...I'm okay with that.   There are only a few places to eat on the island, only two ice cream shops (at least that we found), and only two or three beach stores... For us this meant no arguing over where we were going to eat...no arguing over what to do...no arguing over going to the arcade or playing putt putt...or which beach shop we would go to...no arguing. 



We were fortunate enough to get to stay in a beach house right on the beach - with its own beach access and it's own pool....and an elevator...an ELEVATOR! 



Days were spent playing in the sand, in the ocean, in the pool, fishing off the shore, riding bikes, and going to the beach shop.  I wish I had a picture of my brother on a bike!! Okay, it really isn't fair to just say that about him...all of us adults looked pretty funny on the bikes.  But regardless of what we looked like, we had a ball!





Our nights were spent hunting ghost crabs, playing games, more bike rides, eating lots of ice cream, playing Just Dance on the Wii, and going back to the beach shop! 


 Did I mention that I love this place?
  Oh well ..."Until next time St. George..."



2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog - looks lovely! I heart Florida. Have never done St. George, though!

    ReplyDelete

 

Grounded in Love & Grace | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates