Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yes - it's been a while...

Yes I know it's...well...almost July - and my last post was in March...but hey, who's really taking note!?  

I feel like I should include all the Spring Events that I have failed to post on due to busy schedules...but it's impossible to do in one post...you would never finish the post.

So I'll start with the most important thing that has happened all year long...

Connor gave his heart to Jesus on March 6th, and he followed through with Believer's Baptism on April 3rd - an exciting day for our little family!


Connor with friend and Associate Pastor, Scott Crook





  What an amazing journey to see my little boy give all he knows of  himself to all he knows of Jesus.  It's a journey that continues...we are works in progress...and together, as a family, we will strive to keep Jesus first (front and center) in our family.  Will we fail...absolutely.  I find that I often pray for God to make up for the times where Adam and I may fall short (especially when it comes to parenting).  I'm so thankful God forgives, shows grace and mercy when it isn't deserved, heals all wounds, and loves unconditionally. 

A few promises we cling to:

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
~Phillipians 1:6

"for it is by grace you have been saved through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
~Ephesians 2:8-10

"For I know the plans I have for you", delcares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
~Jeremiah 29:11-13






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Grounded in Love & Grace | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates