Monday, January 31, 2011

One Proud Mama!

As parents we all have those moments where we are just overwhelmed ...in a good way.  A few weeks ago, Adam and I had one of those moments.  It was Connor's 1st Grade Bible Presentation at our church.  We started the evening with a reception...





 and then pictures with Pastor Jeff...


Pastor Jeff and my sweet Connor

Now, based on Connor's reaction and his excitement upon receiving this Bible, one would think it was his very first Bible.  But, in fact it isn't - he has several that are "reader friendly" for his age.  After all he's only 6..but in a few short days he will be 7 (that's a TOTALLY separate blog).  According to Connor though...this is his first "Big Person" Bible - he's sure to tell his friends that it's his "HOLY BIBLE...you know...the same one that big people read."  Since receiving his Bible, he has read it daily at home and he's taken it to school in his backpack so that he can read it during their designated reading time.  I must tell you that this makes me "One Proud Mama!" 


It's tough waiting for something you're so excited to receive!!


Ahh! One Proud Mama!! Sweet Sweet BOY!

And trust me...I'm saving this blog...this moment...and I will remind him of it later in life.

For now, among many others, I cling to these verses:

"Train up a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it." ~Proverbs 22:6

"I have no greater joy that to hear that my children are walking in the truth." ~3 John 1:4

What scripture verses do you cling to daily?

See you next time!
~Kelly



1 comment:

  1. He IS a sweet boy. You should be very, very proud of him. Love the new header. :).

    ReplyDelete

 

Grounded in Love & Grace | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates